We are looking for a well-trained, experienced, dynamic, learning – focused Assistant teacher to support Lead teachers by helping to supervise activities in the classroom, working with children on an individual, small group or whole class basis.
The Assistant Teacher will assists students by providing extra instructional support and individual attention. He/She must be able to effectively communicate and work as part of an instructional team that includes teachers, parents and students. Record keeping such as attendance, grades and behavior plans may be part of the Assistant Teacher’s job as well.
Report to: Head of School
Role and Responsibilities:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training
- Carrying out administrative tasks
- Supporting teachers in managing class behavior.
- Record keeping such as attendance, grades
Minimum Qualification and Experience
First degree in English Language with two years working experience.
Demonstrated Skills and experience:
- Ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
- Ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behavior
- Good organizational skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Enjoy working with children
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Patience and a sense of humor
- Work effectively under pressure or deadlines
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Use a computer and various software applications.
Kindly submit your CV and a cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your current Head and contact of two references who will be contacted if shortlisted. Only shortlisted applicants would participate in the interview. All appointments are subject to identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.
Submit queries, if any and your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org