Job Title: Preschool Teacher
Employer’s Name: International Community School
Employment Start Date: 1st September, 2022
School/Campus: Accra Campus
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
International Community School Ghana is a world-class institution providing students with an inclusive holistic and international education needed to succeed in college/university and become patriotic leaders.
We educate confident, responsible and engaged learners from pre-school through to high school. Our students take the Cambridge International Exams, IGCSE and the AS/A Level Exams.
We are looking for a vibrant preschool teacher to educate, care for and inspire the young minds at our preschool. Using a variety of teaching methods, including artistic expression, educational play and storytelling, the teacher will be expected to teach children to identify shapes, colors, numbers and letters, while providing them with foundational life skills and preparing them for the next stage of formal education.
The successful preschool teacher should have the patience, compassion, and energy to successfully guide a class of young children, each of whom will have different needs, abilities, aptitudes and emotions.
- Educating children about fundamental concepts, such as colors, letters, numbers, and shapes.
- Encouraging social interactions between children and improving their self-esteem.
- Engaging in creative methods of learning, such as arts and crafts, supervised play, and storytelling.
- Planning comprehensive curriculums to address early childhood development needs.
- Instilling a sense of order and discipline in the classroom.
- Monitoring free time on the playground.
- Ensuring the classroom is a clean, safe, and organized environment.
- Preparing for lessons by gathering materials and setting up workstations.
- Communicating with parents to better understand the children’s home lives and psyches.
- Writing up reports for parents on each child’s developmental progress.
- First Degree in education, with a focus on early childhood development.
- Experience working with young children in a classroom setting.
- Ability to communicate with young children at their level.
- Patient, compassionate attitude, with a friendly and energetic disposition.
- Good mediation and nurturing abilities.
- Creative mindset with an ability to create memorable, out-of-the-box lessons.
- Passion for shaping and inspiring young minds.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.
Kindly submit your CV and a cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your current Head and contact of two references who will be contacted if shortlisted. Only applicants with a minimum of three years teaching experience in the Cambridge Curriculum would be shortlisted to participate in the exams writing, teaching demonstration and interview. All appointments are subject to identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.
Submit queries, if any and your completed application to email@example.com.