Centre for Professional Development (CPD)
We are uniquely dedicated to leading and transforming professional learning for teachers and education leaders. As an accredited Cambridge Professional Development Centre, we have trained hundreds of educators across the country on a wide range of subject-specific, skill-based and practice-based professional learning programs and qualifications.
We strongly believe the most effective school staff (school leaders, teachers and support staff) are learners themselves and highly reflective practitioners. Student learning and professional learning are an inseparable part of the ICS experience. We are a school where everyone is a learner.
As a community of learners, staff involvement in professional learning that develops professional thinking, knowledge, and practice and enables children to learn more effectively is seen as a way of life. Our deliberately focus on ‘learning well’ rather than ‘performing well’ is our strategy for transforming learning and teaching. By this strategy we make learning the object of our attention, conversation and reflections thereby challenging all to develop their potential to the highest and succeed.
To lead and transform professional learning that allows teachers and education leaders to understand their impact and develop professional thinking and practice to support whole child development.
We ensure all our staff develop skills and competencies progressively by giving them equal access to high-quality induction and continuing professional learning and development. Professional learning activities, provision, and planning are inextricably linked and integrated with the school’s improvement plan. They are based on a range of information including but not limited to performance management, feedback from staff, students and parents and the identification of school needs through self-evaluation.
We use a range of approaches, such as:
- Collaboration (learning teams, collaborative enquiry and problem, peer observation, collaborative teaching, assessment and planning)
- Observation (video of practice, classroom walkthroughs, instructional rounds, learning walks)
- Professional associations (ASCD)
- Distance/online learning (CIE, Teachers Media, Alison, Coursera, EdX)
- Professional certifications (Cambridge PDQ)
- International conferences and site-based professional development days
- Boot camps and workshops to address staff professional needs which help to enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the school.
- Staff development and professional learning activities are funded by the school. There is an annually identified budget for the sole use of professional learning and development activities in the school.
Enroll for the Cambridge Professional Development qualification
Transform your school or education system today by working with us to customize the Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications for your educators or join the next cohort of candidates in January, May or September.
+233 (0) 553982982